[alsa-devel] Alsamixer-Qt4 0.4.0 released

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 01:56:29 CEST 2010

2010/9/25 Sebastian H. <vand2 at gmx.de>

> snd_mixer_selem_is_active() has been ignored so far since I wasn't sure
> what it really meant.
>
> Seems the proper way to handle and *inactive* element is to hide the
> slider/switch/enum widgets completely.
> Alternatively they could be greyed out. But showing dead
> widgets would probably just distract users and waste screen space.
>
> Btw. I'm still working on a alsamixer-qt4. There've been just so many
> changes in the background that it takes some time to stabilize
> everything again. And there're still open issues (mostly QT stuff).
> So I would estimate two or three more weeks for a new release.

Seem I have quoted a wrong example

Refer to patch_via.c , when "Independent Headphone" switch is on/off,
In via_independent_hp_put() function call activate_ctl() which set the
"Headphone Playback volume" and "Headphone Playback switch" controls to
active/inactive

This mean that the controls are only temporary inactive and can become
active again
the driver also call snd_ctl_notify(codec->bus->card,
SNDRV_CTL_EVENT_MASK_VALUE, &ctl->id)

Does it mean that the mixer application receive an event about the change of
the active/inactive state of the control ?