[alsa-devel] Alsamixer-Qt4 0.5.0 released

Sebastian H. vand2 at gmx.de
Sat Oct 9 22:41:04 CEST 2010

Hello again

After an almost complete rewrite to support separate channels views
in the main sliders and switches areas, Alsamixer-Qt4 0.5.0 is now
available.

http://xwmw.org/alsamixer-qt4/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/alsamixer-qt4/files/

This is a snapshot from the CHANGELOG file.

* The channels mixer dialog is gone
* Mixer elements can be toggled between joined and channels view
* Automated switch from joined to channels view if channels values
  differ for a certain time
* New context menus for mixer elements
* New dynamic support for the Alsa is_active element flag
* New command line arguments similar to the console alsamixer ones
* The card selection widget got basic support for Alsa plugins
* GUI cleanups and slight style changes
* Reduced CPU usage by showing QSpinBox widgets only on demand
  (mouse over)
* Fixed a forgotten debug timer that was always running
  in 0.4.1 (constant 1% CPU usage)

I ran several tests but since a lot of code has been rewritten
there still may be regressions or even new bugs.
There're also some implemented features I couldn't test at all
because my rather basic hardware doesn't support it.

- Mixer elements with more than two channels.
If the sliders arrangement or some graphics for your card
with 32 channels per element look weird, please drop me a
note and/or a screenshot.

- Is-active flag
In theory the mixer should support dynamic hiding and
revealing of elements whose is-active flag changes.
If it doesn't or even crashes, please tell.

Any comments are welcome.

Best,
Sebastian H.