[alsa-devel] [Alsa-user] Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCIe support

Thor Kristoffersen thorkr at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 19:12:30 CEST 2010

Clemens Ladisch <clemens at ladisch.de> writes:
> Thor Kristoffersen wrote:
>> James Le Cuirot <chewi at aura-online.co.uk> writes:
>> > Sounds like the ASUS Xonar D2X could work for you.
>>
>> Is it known to work perfectly in ALSA?
>
> Yes.

Okay, that's one candidate.  I did a bit of searching, and I found that
if I relax my requirements a bit to include PCI cards, there is another
card called HT-Omega Claro that would seemingly fit the bill, and it's
significantly cheaper than the Xonar.  Do you (or anyone else) happen to
know if this is also fully supported by ALSA?

By the way, does the volume control work on the digital output stream on
these cards?  That's one thing I like about the X-Fi Titanium; no need
for a softvol plugin.

Thor