[alsa-devel] [RFC_iv/iv 1/1] ASoC: Add optional name_prefix to struct snd_soc_dev_map

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Mon Nov 1 18:49:28 CET 2010

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 08:12:43PM +0200, Jarkko Nikula wrote:

> I don't know would it fit to multi-DAI devices. Should those drivers
> differentiate inside their controls & widgets for different DAIs?

As previously discussed that's not going to be possible in general -
many of these devices will support mixing signals between the DAIs so
for many of the controls it won't be possible to associate them with any
particular DAI.  This can happen very early within the chip so means
that any per DAI naming ends up being ineffecitve.