[alsa-devel] Query about code organization for kernel driver.

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Tue May 25 00:19:01 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 01:17:39AM +0530, Anksh Agarwal wrote:

> i am not aware how to split the audio path enable/disable code from the soc
> driver
> and which would be ideal directory to place them, since there is hardly any
> interaction
> between playback and device enable/disable routines? I think the device
> enable/disable code outside sound/ directory wont be a good idea as its
> to be specifically used by alsa playback/record only.

Could you be more specific about what you mean by "enable/disable
rountines" and a "list of devices"?  What are you actually trying to
control or enable and disable here?  Your description of having a sysfs
file for changing devices at runtime sounds like something that would
normally be done via the ALSA APIs but it's very hard to understand what
exactly you're controlling here.