[alsa-devel] BUG: cx88 can't find device struct

Timothy E. Krantz tkrantz at stahurabrenner.com
Fri Jun 11 22:52:15 CEST 2010

Hi,
I started looking into this problem a while back and gave up.  Now I decided
to try again.

I am running MythDora 12.23 and would like to update the alsa driver to
1.0.23 so that I can use HDMI audio out on my nvidia GT220 card.

So I download the alsa-driver-1.0.23.tar.bz file, unpack it, ./configure and
make and make install.

When I reboot I can verify the new alsa driver by cat/proc/asound/version
and it is indeed 1.0.23.

If I then try to record an analog station I get:

Jun  9 14:40:19 mythdora kernel: BUG: cx88 can't find device struct. Can't
proceed with open
Jun  9 14:40:19 mythdora kernel: cx88[1]: Calling XC5000 callback
Jun  9 14:40:19 mythdora kernel: BUG: cx88 can't find device struct. Can't
proceed with open

Hmmm, ok the alsa driver implementation updated some kernel header file
perhaps, so I download the latest v4l-dvb tree and compile it and install it
and reboot.

Same thing.  No sound on analog recordings.

I am sure I am missing some important step or something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tim