[alsa-devel] 2.6.34-rc: sound hungs (ice1724)

Alexander Beregalov a.beregalov at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 21:02:33 CEST 2010

On 14 April 2010 12:46, Alexander Beregalov <a.beregalov at gmail.com> wrote:
>> This is odd.  Don't you see any other messages before that?
> No messages. I can try to boot with ignore_loglevel parameter.
>>
>> There are almost no change in ice172x.  Thus, if any, the regression
>> must be in ALSA core.  There have been many changes of PCM hw-updater,
>> at least.
> It seems the bug is in the core, but in this case I should not be the
> only reporter.

Hi Takashi

I did some bisection.
The oldest bad kernel is 6123637fa, with kernels from v2.6.33 to
6123637fa I was not able to reproduce the bug, it's understandable -
the bug is very hard to reproduce, I cannot be sure if the kernel is
really good after running even for a week.
Perhaps could you look at "git log v2.6.33..6123637fa sound/core/" to
see something suspicious?