[alsa-devel] issue with TWL4030

Grazvydas Ignotas notasas at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 00:51:20 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 12:13 AM,  <peter.ujfalusi at nokia.com> wrote:
> What I can think of is:
> If only one (the master) stream has been opened, and the stream is not running (the
> pcm_trigger has not been called yet), than we could allow reconfiguration of the codec.
> Might work OK, but it might cause some problems under different scenario.

This sounds good to me, I wonder what that different scenario could
be. Is it worth trying implementing that (i.e. would such patch be
even considered)?

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 12:40 AM, Liam Girdwood <lrg at slimlogic.co.uk> wrote:
> Please port your app to ALSA, it's really the easiest option (look at
> aplay.c for programming sequence).

The problem is not new apps, but legacy ones. Pandora is spiritual
successor of Gamepark/GPH devices, which only had OSS drivers, so we
have many apps/games outputing through OSS, some of them without
source available. We will have to provide userspace OSS emulation at
least, and in-kernel OSS emulation is attractive because of
performance reasons.