[alsa-devel] Recommendations for 4-channel USB-connected audio interface

Steve Strobel steve.strobel at link-comm.com
Tue Jan 26 21:51:12 CET 2010

I am in need of an ALSA-compatible audio interface that will connect
to a PC via USB and record/play four or more audio channels
simultaneously.  Any recommendations (or warnings) about specific
products or chipsets would be greatly appreciated.  High resolution
and sample rates aren't necessary.

The rest of the story is that my company is working on a project
using an embedded x86 computer to interface with four independent
mono audio devices.  I will be responsible for the audio processing
and want to make sure that we use an audio chipset for which an ALSA
driver is already available.  I would also prefer that it interface
via USB so I can easily test on my development PC, then move it to
the embedded system.  We will eventually put the audio chipset on a
custom PCB, so it is the audio chipset and driver that are my primary
concerns, but a readily-available audio interface using the chipset
would serve as a nice prototype.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Steve

---
Steve Strobel
Link Communications, Inc.