[alsa-devel] Mic Boost control problem with snd-hda-intel codec AL662 rev 1

Anisse Astier anisse at astier.eu
Wed Jan 6 16:43:38 CET 2010

Hi,

The Mic Boost control on a laptop seems to behave incorrectly. The
control has the flag "volume" instead of "cvolume", causing it to appear
in both the "Playback" and "Capture" tabs of alsamixer.
This wouldn't be a problem if it would just work in the Capture tab: it
doesn't.
When I modify it in Capture, it doesn't retain its value: it's gone after
i close alsamixer. But if i modify it in "Playback" it will retain its
value and the value will be mirrored by the Mic Boost in Capture (both
Mic Boost seem to reflect the same control, except one is RO, the other
is RW).

It's a minor a annoyance, but I'd like to fix it and have "Mic Boost"
appear only as a Capture control and retaining its value. Maybe I should
create a new mixer configuration for this hardware in patch_realtek.c, but
I don't know where to start. Bios autoprobing works for everything but
just what I mentioned.

My alsa-info.sh :
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=fc17b509e532fc366eb2d5fe5ec9e6730c96c837

Any ideas? Where should I start?