[alsa-devel] Getting pcm_usb_stream plugin to know its limits. [Kind of SOLVED]

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Feb 22 10:04:54 CET 2010

At Wed, 10 Feb 2010 17:56:26 -0500,
Michaël Cadilhac wrote:

> michael at cadilhac.name (Michaël Cadilhac) writes:
>
> > Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> writes:

> >> Through a quick glance, the patch looks OK to me.
> >> Could you give a proper subject and changelog to merge your patch
> >> to git tree?
> >
> > Hi there Takashi, and sorry for the delay.  Here are the patch,
> > subdivised in two distinct logical changes.  I hope the format is what
> > you asked for.
>
> Pinging.  IIUC, I forgot to include "subject" lines.  The first one
> should be "usb_stream: Check for NULL-ness before dereferencing", and the
> second one "usb_stream: Allow user-set period-size and rate.".

Thanks, applied now.

But, at the next time, please make each patch as directly applicable.
That is, put subject and from lines to the patch, together with the
patch description (and preferably with your sign-off) embedded to
the patch itself.  That is, the same style for linux kernel patches.

See $LINUX/Documentation/SubmittingPatches for details.

thanks,