[alsa-devel] Macbook Air 2,1 - no mic nor main speakers

Reimundo Heluani rheluani at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 19:27:59 CET 2010

Hello list, this came up a year ago and Takashi's answer was "a broken
bios". I was hoping someone here could point me to documentation to read
in order to diagnose the problem if indeed is a broken bios. I don't
want to start randombly reading the driver's code.

Macbook Air 2,1
2.6.32-gentoo-r3 SMP x86_64
Alsa Driver 1.0.21 libs 1.0.22
nVidia Corporation MCP79 High Definition Audio (rev b1)
HDA NVidia at 0x93380000 irq 19
00:08.0 0403: 10de:0ac0 (rev b1)  Subsystem: 10de:cb79
Codec: Realtek ALC889A

Booting with snd_hda_intel.model=mbp3 get sound on headphones, but not on mainspeakers. The mic never worked.