[alsa-devel] regarding setting of fragment size in usbaudio driver

Amit Nagal helloin.amit at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 15:11:55 CET 2010

> (please don't top-post)

Extremely sorry for that .  will take care reagarding this from now on .

> If, when read() is called, there is enough data in the buffer, it will
> return that data and return immediately.  Otherwise, it will wait for
> the hardware to reach the next period boundary (in OSS: fragment
> boundary) and try again.
>
> If you want to have shorter waits, use lower fragment sizes.

yes ,  setting of lower fragment size is my requirement at the moment
in OSS application .
i tried to use SNDCTL_DSP_SETFRAGMENT ioctl to set lower fragment size .
but audio driver uses default fragment size only and not the fragment
size desired by application .
Is it  possible to change fragment size in kernel space ?

Thanx & Regards
Amit Nagal