[alsa-devel] Bug 0005086 - no audio on built-in speakers (intel-hda with codec alc272)

Pierre van Heerden cassiopea342 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 15:49:35 CEST 2010

Hi

I was advised to e-mail and inform you of the problem with my audio, even
though I have submitted a
tracker<https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=5086>.
In short, no speaker_outs are being reported by the driver (intel-hda using
the realtek alc272 codec), even in the latest release, so on my laptop (LG
X130) I'm getting audio on the line-out jack but not on the built-in
speakers. I've tried all the model= module parameters for the alc272 codec,
none of them solved the problem.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in solving this problem or
if you need any further information from me.

Kind regards
Pierre van Heerden