[alsa-devel] HDA Codec: Soundmax ADI AD1988 x Realtek ALC889

Dâniel Fraga fragabr at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 16:22:37 CEST 2010

	I upgraded my system from a Asus M2N-E (Soundmax AD1988 codec)
motherboard to MSI X58 Pro-E (Realtek ALC889 codec).

	The problem is that I feel the sound worst than before. I feel
lack of bass and treble. With AD1988 the sound was more "vivid", there
was more bass and treble. With ALC889 it is "flat".

	The only advantage I noticed on ALC889 is the possibility of
mixing multiple sounds at hardware level, what was impossible on AD1988.

	So, what are your opinion?

	Ps: I used on both the analog output with a Edifier E3100 2.1
speaker system.

	Ps2: could be a problem with a bad quality DAC of the
Realtek ALC889?

--
Linux 2.6.33: Man-Eating Seals of Antiquity