[alsa-devel] alsa-lib 1.0.21a release

Tony Vroon tony at linx.net
Wed Sep 9 15:58:58 CEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-09 at 14:51 +0200, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
> I made a quick release 1.0.21a of the alsa-lib package to fix
> regression for the configuration parsing (makes some device names
> unavailable).

Could you stick to numeric versions if possible please. Arbitrary
postfixes like "a" or "b" are hard to express in the versioning scheme
we use on ebuilds.
This could be unique to portage, but I wanted to speak up in case it
affects others as well. 1.0.21.1 may fit your "newer then 1.0.21; but
not quite 1.0.22" needs.

Regards,
Tony V.
UNIX systems administrator
London Internet Exchange
(also a Gentoo developer that touches media-sound ebuilds)