[alsa-devel] beeps with incorrect frequency / volume

Sébastien Hinderer Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Fri Oct 16 06:09:16 CEST 2009

Dear ALSA Developers,

The sound card of my laptop is a HDA Intel, chip Intel G45 DEVCTG
The PC beeps do not work correctly.
One problem is that the frequency of the beeps one can hear does not
correspond to the required frequency. For instane the command
beep 440
produces a beep whose frequency is not 440Hz
The second problem is that, although there is a PC beep control provided
in alsamixer, the control is not taken into account: the beep is loud no
matter how the control is set.

I think this problem has already been reported but can't find it in the
bug tracking system.

Could someone please help and tell me whether the problem can e solved
or not and, if it can, how.

Many thanks in advance for any help,
Sébastien.