[alsa-devel] [RFC] Add scenario management

Jaroslav Kysela perex at perex.cz
Fri Oct 2 13:03:20 CEST 2009

On Fri, 2 Oct 2009, Liam Girdwood wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-10-02 at 11:58 +0200, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
>

>> I'm not very persuaded to merge such thing to alsa-lib (at least not to
>> alsa-lib.so file - I may accept another library in the alsa-lib package).
>> My comments:
>>
>> 1) configuration syntax
>>
>>     - I know, simple text files are fine, but there are some structured
>>       things - we have already configuration parsers in alsa-lib for
>>       structured texts which can be migrated to XML some day
>>

> I know XML is great for parsing but the main audience for this is
> embedded users so we need to keep it simple (and small) with few
> external dependencies. Not all embedded devices will ship with XML.

I don't mean to use a complex XML parsing library with DOM handling. I
wrote very simple XML parser in C on few hundred lines for another
project so it's no issue also for the embedded platform. I just wanted to
point - the structure of alsa-lib configuration files is very similar to
XML.

 					Jaroslav

-----
Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>