[alsa-devel] when i plugin my headphone the sound come out from speaker and headphone

Michael Domanski mx.mixer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 16:56:37 CET 2009

Hi,

When I plugin my headphone the sound come out from speaker and headphone.
The speaker and headphone working in the same time.
I want my speaker to mute when headphone is plugged.

http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=841de9447634e7e35ae0171f968c70de253259af

mixer at mdomansky ~ $ sudo lspci |grep -i "multi\|audio\|040[0-3]"
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio
Controller (rev 03)

mixer at mdomansky ~ $ sudo rmmod snd-hda-intel
mixer at mdomansky ~ $ sudo modprobe snd-hda-intel model=hp
WARNING: Deprecated config file /etc/modprobe.conf, all config files belong
into /etc/modprobe.d/.
WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/alsa, it will be
ignored in a future release.

mixer at mdomansky ~ $ cat /proc/asound/cards
 0 [Intel          ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
                      HDA Intel at 0x92400000 irq 22

mixer at mdomansky ~ $ speaker-test -c2 -D hw:0,0 -t wav -l1
^^^^^ sounds ok ^^^^^^

--
Sincerely,
Michael