[alsa-devel] Disabling HFL/R outputs in twl4030

Lopez Cruz, Misael x0052729 at ti.com
Fri May 22 10:44:14 CEST 2009

It seems that there is no way to disable handsfree L/R outputs for
twl4030 codec. That means that:
- handsfree amplifiers are turned-on even if we are not interested
  in routing through handsfree
- if the selected input of the handsfree mux is an active DAC
  (streaming) sound will be produced on hf outputs and the only way
  to silence them is routing from a different DAC, which doesn't
  seem like the right solution

Currently, handsfree amplifiers are turned-on when the HandsfreeL/R
muxes are powered by the framework. I was thinking in adding a
dapm switch to select whether or not handsfree amplifiers should
be powered, but the switch probably is not the correct approach to
handle this situation. Maybe a regular kcontrol could be the answer.

-Misa