[alsa-devel] ICE1712 softdevices fixes

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Wed Jun 17 22:57:26 CEST 2009

hi,

> The following patches fixes the default device as they appear for
> ICE1712-based cards. Without this cards, 'aplay -L' will show a series of
> devices like surround40 and surround71 that are not meaningful for this card,
> and a front device that would not work.
>
> Diego E. 'Flameeyes' Pettenò (2): Remove definition for surround sound
> devices on ICE1712. Make the front:idx device work for ICE1712.

thanks for making those. this was exactly what I needed to get pulseaudio
working with my card again. I also agree that even though that my card (Hoontech
DSP 24) has 8/10 physical in/outs, those are essentially mono channels. The
surround mapping seem to be more harm that use to me. If a musician indeed wires
 6 3.5 jack outs somehow to his 5.1 amp, then its probably okay to uncomment
such mappings.

So what about making diegos patches the default?

Stefan