[alsa-devel] Audio driver for dbAu1250 Development board

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Sat Jun 6 12:36:30 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 02:58:06PM +0530, Manjunath A M wrote:

> sound/soc/au1x/exmmb-ac97.c:24:38: error: asm/mach-exm1200/exm1200.h: No
> such file or directory
> sound/soc/au1x/exmmb-ac97.c:26:25: error: linux/exm32.h: No such file or
> directory

Looks like the code relies on some underlying porting work which may
have either changed since the code was written or may not have been
merged into mainline.

> before applying the patch the board was working but the audio was not
> working..
> can you suggest me which kernel source you used and how you got the
> audio working for your board.

This code was contributed against a much older kernel, and may well have
relied on other patches.  I've CCed in Manuel Lass, who contributed the
code and should have a better idea what the MIPS status is.

> can you send me the sample kernel image "vmlinux.srec" image for testing..

You'd be better off asking the MIPS community for this.