[alsa-devel] HD-Audio device unsuppored (Nvidia G2xx-series GPU implemented)

Stefan Ringel stefan.ringel at arcor.de
Sat Dec 19 13:36:23 CET 2009

Am 16.12.2009 22:15, schrieb Stefan Ringel:
> Am 14.12.2009 18:45, schrieb Takashi Iwai:

>> Below is the updated patch.  This also replaces the PCI ID check using
>> the generic hd-audio class check.
>>

>> Takashi
>>

> Hi Takashi,
>
> I have a theory,
>
> 4 codec with 2 channels bundling to one pcm device for 8 channels
> uncompressed lpcm audio and compressed audio over first codec.
>
> Actual configuration is 4 separate pcm device.

Hi Takashi,

I tested your patch and it doesn't work.
I checked caps from nodes 0x04 and 0x05 and comparing with
http://download.intel.com/standards/hdaudio/pdf/hda034-a2.pdf. document.
The configuration is 4 full HDMI codec not 4 2-channels pcm codec. It
have CP-flag, ext-channel and in pin-widget that HDMI-flag.

Stefan Ringel <stefan.ringel at arcor.de>

--
Stefan Ringel <stefan.ringel at arcor.de>