[alsa-devel] More HDA NID / control / proc related changes

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Dec 14 12:57:51 CET 2009

At Mon, 14 Dec 2009 09:46:50 +0100 (CET),
Jaroslav Kysela wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Dec 2009, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > 	continuing the work of extending the HDA codec proc contents, I would
> > like to introduce two new patches:
> >
> > ALSA: hda - add more NID->Control mapping
> > ALSA: hda - introduce HDA_SUBDEV_AMP_FLAG (ControlAmp in proc)
> >
> > 	Patches can be obtained here:
> >
> > http://git.alsa-project.org/?p=alsa-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=topic/hda-nid
>
> I merged these patches and added patch named:
>
> ALSA: hda - simplify usage of HDA_SUBDEV_AMP_FLAG
>
> .. to my main GIT tree.
>
> The next idea is to modify hda-analyzer to show the codec routes and
> assigned mixer controls.

snd_hda_add_nids() looks buggy to me.  It doesn't increment nids
pointer.

Also, snd_hda_add_nids() and snd_hda_nid_add() are a bit confusing and
inconsistent, IMO.

Anyway, it'd be really, really helpful if you make a proper pullable
branch based on the upstream tree.  Right now I can't pull your
commits but only do cherry-picks, which is basically stupid when both
are using GIT.

thanks,