[alsa-devel] Controling wave amplitude using alsa api !! (pcm interface ???????)

Guilherme Longo grlongo.ireland at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 18:38:03 CEST 2009

Hi all!

Mates, I am following the example PCM.C that I found at alsa web site.
its a sine wave generator.
I am looking for a control that alsa provides to control the amplitude
of the wave.

As I could found so for, there is just frequency control... I didn't
find any amplitude control.

* I don't want to control the volume using alsamixer or even my sound...
I want to generate a wave with predefined amplitude.

Does anyone could give me a little help??

Thanks a lot!