[alsa-devel] .pointer return value

Harsha, Priya priya.harsha at intel.com
Thu Apr 23 16:04:08 CEST 2009

Hi,

Can anyone educate me on what value should be returned to .pointer function?
	Should I be passing the number of frames played till that point from the time stream started or thnumber of frames played such that the bytes is within the buf_size?

And if I am using, snd_pcm_indirect_playback_pointer, what should be my input to it?
	Should I be passing the number of bytes played till that point from the time stream started or the number of bytes within buf_size?

Thanks,
Harsha