[alsa-devel] Asterisk 1.4.17 and alsa 1.0.19 dmix plugin problem.

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 12:35:28 CEST 2009

2009/4/20 Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>:
> On Mon, 20 Apr 2009, Nicola Mfb wrote:
[...]
> Asterisk does not use snd_pcm_poll_descriptors_revents to translate events
> returned from poll to correct poll event. Also, only file descriptor number
> from snd_pcm_poll_descriptors() - asterisk should handle correctly returned
> poll events as well.
>
> See chan_alsa.c - readdev / writedev variables and sound_thread().
>
>                                        Jaroslav

Hi Jaroslav!
thanks for quick reply and hints!
I finally understand the inverted POLLIN/POLLOUT in dmix. As a quick
check I added writedev to fds set and it worked, now I'll able to
write a patch using poll and demangling revents...
First level documentation on www.alsa-project.org says that you may
use select or poll as you need, should be this corrected?

Thank you again!

     Nicola