[alsa-devel] ALSA:AT91SAM9G20: Add support(DAI) for wolfson8731

Mark Brown broonie at sirena.org.uk
Wed Sep 17 17:30:33 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 05:23:20PM +0200, Sedji Gaouaou wrote:

> I agree with you as well. I wanted to use the drivers/misc/atmel-ssc in
> the dai because it is a common arch between atmel ARM and AVR core.
> I will have a look at the at91-ssc code and at the eti_b1_wm8731.c file
> to see what changes should be done.

If your intention is to produce a combined driver which works for both
AVR32 and AT91 (which would be excellent!) then it'd probably best to
create a new directory called atmel or something.  The existing at91 and
avr32 code could then either be merged into that directory or changed to
reference it with any processor-specific glue that's needed.

Also CCing Geoffrey Wossum who did the AVR32 code (based on the AT91
work Frank did).

> I removed resume/suspend because I didn't have the time to write it...
> I wanted to add it in a next patch, but maybe I shoul do it now.

Either was is OK.