[alsa-devel] snd-soc-cs4270: Convert to a new-style i2c driver (work in progress)

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Wed Sep 3 21:47:27 CEST 2008

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 12:09 PM, Jean Delvare <khali at linux-fr.org> wrote:

> * Your driver now lacks a remove method. Unless I miss something, if
> the snd-soc-cs4270 driver is unloaded, you will leave dangling
> resources behind (codec->reg_cache in particular.)

I'm working on a fix for this, but there's something you need to know.
 I don't think ASoC V1 modules can be unloaded.  The drivers have
hard-coded cross-dependencies.  The codec driver doesn't have this
problem, but in general it's not really possible to select ASoC
drivers as modules in Kconfig anyway.  The "tristate" I mentioned is
misleading.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale