[alsa-devel] Backported sbxfi driver, possible fix

Bjoern Olausson lkmlist at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 23:57:53 CEST 2008

> Latest unstable (25Oct 19:57) works from command line with mplayer,
> without the proc oss fix.

Confirmed.
The stuttering got better, but is still present.

Xine works flawless.

> aplay still works but only with dmix.

Samplingrate 11025Hz and 8000Hz do not play a clear sinus, sounds a
bit scratchy..
All other common samplingrates work flawless. Could someone confirm that?
http://tmp.olausson.de/30days/0_16_s_8000.wav
http://tmp.olausson.de/30days/0_16_s_11025.wav
http://tmp.olausson.de/30days/0_16_s_96000.wav

Just using "aplay file.wav"

More noticable ist it when using mplayer. Crackles a lot with 8000Hz and 11025Hz
"mplayer file.wav"

mmh, xine crackles too. Please someone confirm, otherwise the files may be bad.

> Now also almost working in gnome with pulse, sound is recognisable but
> with lots of interference/corruption.

No pulseaudio on my machine. Sry.

> Machine did not crash at any point!

Just observed a X crash when using smplayer to play a avi. When I
closed smplayer while the movie was playing X crashed. (But could be
unrelated to audio, I could not reproduce it)

But no crash or freez so far.

> This was running on 2.6.26... is this a problem? SUPPORTED_KERNELS says
> 2.6.25 or earlier?

I am using vanilla 2.6.27.3

Thanks for you awesome work!

By the way, what's next on your plan when stereo output and recording
is working flawless?

kind regards
Bjoern