[alsa-devel] New BIOS, new vendor and device IDs

Chris Pemberton cjpembo.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 16:44:17 CEST 2008

Takashi Iwai wrote:
> At Thu, 16 Oct 2008 21:51:27 -0500,
> Chris Pemberton wrote:
>
>> My machine is a Lenovo 3000 N100 laptop (0768 model).  I had to recently
>> update the BIOS.
>>
>> Old BIOS:  lspci -> device id:  [17aa:2066] which is a Realtek ALC861VD
>> (found in patch_realtek.c)
>>
>> New BIOS: lspci -> device id: [8086:27d8] (found in hda_intel.c)
>>
>> In both cases, I use the module option "model=3stack" to get sound working:
>> Laptop speakers work.
>> Built-in mic works.
>> External mic works
>> Headphones work; but automatic speaker muting does not.
>>

> 3stack model doesn't do auto-muting by design.
> Try without any model option with the latest driver below,
>   ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tiwai/snapshot/alsa-driver-snapshot.tar.gz
> If the auto-probing still doesn't work, you can try first model=lenovo.
>

> thanks,
>
> Takashi

Updated to latest alsa-driver snapshot; configured with full debug support.

Results:
auto-probing:  no sound
model=lenovo:  no sound
model=3stack:  sound works as described previously (no auto-muting)

Results of alsa-info script (latest driver snapshot):
auto-probe:
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=66f43ddfdabc4b48b9e5c50f9a792d2fcb775905
model=lenovo:
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=5e082f9a1361d28c187ae3eba21605de8196e4aa