[alsa-devel] Backported sbxfi driver (UNTESTED!)

Bjoern Olausson lkmlist at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 22:07:02 CEST 2008

I found a site with a large range of files:
http://bellatrix.ece.mcgill.ca/Documents/AudioFormats/WAVE/Samples.html

aplay plays all files it is capable to decode. No crackel, no noise, just fine.

glass.wav
Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 8000 Hz, Mono

M1F1-int16-AFsp.wav
Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 8000 Hz, Stereo

M1F1-int24-AFsp.wav
Signed 24 bit Little Endian in 3bytes, Rate 8000 Hz, Stereo

M1F1-int32-AFsp.wav
Signed 32 bit Little Endian, Rate 8000 Hz, Stereo

M1F1-uint8-AFsp.wav
Unsigned 8 bit, Rate 8000 Hz, Stereo

stereol.wav
Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 22050 Hz, Stereo

Utopia_Critical_Stop.wav
Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 22050 Hz, Mono

Thought when I try to play the first one with mplayer ---> FREEZZZZZ
Spiele glass.wav.
Audio file-Dateiformat erkannt!
Öffne Audiodecoder: [pcm] Uncompressed PCM audio decoder
AUDIO: 8000 Hz, 1 ch, s16le, 128.0 kbit/100.00% (ratio: 16000->16000)
Ausgewählter Audiocodec: [pcm] afm: pcm (Uncompressed PCM)

Amarok with backend ALSA plays all files it can decode without problems.

All Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 8000 to 96000 Hz, Stereo do work
(with the same oszilating noise described in my previous post with the
mono files [I just joned two to get stereo])