[alsa-devel] ASoC: Merging at91 and avr32 dirs - test report

ext-jukka.hynninen at vaisala.com ext-jukka.hynninen at vaisala.com
Tue Oct 14 14:38:22 CEST 2008

>>> However, there seems to be some problem with PM, occasionally ASoC
is
>>> stuck with Standby mode (looking at dapm_widgets) when I start the
>>> playback. Restarting the player brings the sound back. I'll carry
out
>>> some further investigation and get back to this.
>> How does this compare with the behaviour of the original at32 machine
>> support - did that have similar issues?
> Actually I was previously using at91 support. Nevertheless, didn't
notice
> such problems.

This is propably a false alarm, exactly the same happens with at91-ssc.c

The above described behaviour was due to mpg123, which (for some reason)
does
not wake up system from D3 state. Furthermore, running mpg123 confuses
DAPM
to think the codec is powered up properly, and waiting for delayed
shutdown.
Running aplay within anti-pop timeout will result in no-sound situation.

Using mpg123, the soc_pcm_prepare() never gets called, which makes me
suspect
that the real problem might lie in mpg123 code. A similar issue has been

reported here in the past, but I couldn't find a solution:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.devel/47908

-Jukka