[alsa-devel] Backported sbxfi driver (UNTESTED!)

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Oct 13 18:05:49 CEST 2008

At Mon, 13 Oct 2008 18:02:08 +0200,
I wrote:

> At Mon, 13 Oct 2008 17:43:03 +0200,
> I wrote:
> >
> > For example, the latest snapshot I uploaded now has alsa-kernel/HEAD:
> >     a3e1ef74a8ec8b6e3c30f7aa06c5d5d2f2bea7a9 Merge branch 'topic/sbxfi'
>
> ... and again updated to:
>   5d425dd626d107ff2b2ea97c27068f7ee4b36dd1 Merge branch 'topic/sbxfi'

So, guys, please check the latest one.

If the hang up still occurs with this version, then try to define
XXX_SYSTEM_TIMER in sbxfi.c, which is undefined as default.
With this build option, the driver will use the system timer instead
of emu20k1 timer irqs.

If this still doesn't help, try to remove all spinlocks.  That is,
just comment out all spin_lock*() and spin_unlock*() calls to avoid
spin deadlocks.  Of course, it can be racy, but better than a spin
deadlock.

thanks,