[alsa-devel] Backported sbxfi driver (UNTESTED!)

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Sun Oct 12 21:34:01 CEST 2008

At Sat, 11 Oct 2008 13:04:02 -0500,
William Pitcock wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 2008-10-11 at 19:41 +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> > Could you build with XXX_CONST_TIMER defined?  This will disable the
> > adaptive timer-resolution handling I added to the driver, which
> > doesn't
> > exist in OSS sbxfi code at all.
>
> No change in behaviour. It survives a little longer, but then the system
> hardlocks... without me even touching the keyboard even.

This can be a spin deadlock I fixed today.
Could you try the latest sound-unstable GIT or snapshot tarball?

Also, now the driver has "debug" module option.  As default, it's 1,
and the driver shows some debug messages.  When it's 2, it shows more
often, e.g. at each IRQ.  When it's 3, it shows all register accesses.

The debug option can be changed even dynamically via sysfs.  Write
/sys/modules/snd_sbxfi/parameters/debug file as root,
	# echo 3 > /sys/modules/..../debug

Just a note before I go to bed :)