[alsa-devel] Backported sbxfi driver (UNTESTED!)

Brendan Pike spike at spykes.net
Thu Oct 9 20:12:44 CEST 2008

On Thu, 09 Oct 2008 20:02:01 +0200
Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> wrote:

> **NOTE**
> The driver is totally untested.  It's just compiled without errors,
> but not reviewed after a quick writing.  So, don't expect it ever runs
> at the first try.  A crash is highly possible.
>
> There are some build conditions found in sound/pci/sbxfi/sbxfi.c,
> starting with XXX_*.  You can change it if you want.  As default, it's
> for non-fullduplex but accept different rates.  Not sure whether this
> works at all.
>
> Any test- (and better debugging-) reports are appreciated.
>

> thanks,
>
> Takashi

Thank you, will test this later. As coincidental as it seems I pulled my
X-Fi Prelude from my machine last night during cleaning, and never
bothered reinstalling it as I had a bit of lost hope. This is
definitely a huge start.

All of us pushing Creative to release some specs without a ridiculous
NDA would be a big next step.

Cheers,

Bren