[alsa-devel] [Alsa-user] Pc Speaker

Arthur Marsh arthur.marsh at internode.on.net
Fri May 23 01:54:08 CEST 2008

Rene Herman wrote, on 2008-05-23 06:16:
> On 22-05-08 14:01, Arthur Marsh wrote:
>
>> under Debian unstable, by overwriting the unpacked Debian source tarball.
>
> I'm afraid you lost me here. I have little clue about Debian.
>
> Rene.

When one installs the "alsa-source" package on Debian and unpacks the
resulting /usr/src/alsa-driver.tar.bz2 file, it ends up in a directory
under /usr/src/modules.

Normally one would also have the kernel source unpacked into
/usr/src/linux, then run:

make-kpkg --initrd linux-image modules-image

to compile a kernel and whatever modules packages were installed (e.g. ALSA)

I unpacked the Mercurial snapshot, then did a cp -r of the snapshot to
the directory underneath /usr/src/modules where the alsa drivers were
unpacked so that I could still use the Debian build process to compile
the Mercurial snapshot of ALSA.

Arthur.