[alsa-devel] Alsa-devel Digest, Vol 15, Issue 30

Benjamin van den Hout bvdhout at gmail.com
Tue May 13 17:56:30 CEST 2008

Gustavo da Silva Serra wrote:

I tryied to use the HG versions, but they didn't work well for me. Maybe
> you should give the 1.0.16 a try, just to make sure.
> I need an asound.conf since my network application uses a very low
> latency, that is not default. I am attaching my asound.conf.
> Another possible source of problems are the artsd and esd daemons, are
> they running?
>
> Hi Gustavo,

I just downloaded the 10.0.16 version and the code for aloop-kernel.c looked
quite different from the one in the HG version. I was under the
understanding that the HG version is a current development snapshot that
eventually gets tagged into an official 1.0.1xx version. That's not the case
then?

Anyway, I will try with the 10.0.16 version, I see some stuff about a
#define called SND_CARD_LOOPBACK_START_SYNC, that sounds promising perhaps.
I've also looked at the config file you attached, the stuff about
period_time and buffer_size also looks quite interesting and is perhaps
something I should play with then :)

I'll let you know how things work out! Thanks for your continued help, it is
greatly appreciated...

Kind regards,
Benjamin