[alsa-devel] Acer Aspire 8920g / snd-hda-intel / ALC889

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Tue May 13 16:41:58 CEST 2008

> At Tue, 06 May 2008 12:00:59 +0100,
> Andy Green wrote:
>> Somebody in the thread at some point said:
>>
>> Hi -
>>
>>> Is this above with model=acer-aspire *and* your additional verb?
>>> Or, is it without model option?
>> I tried it with model=acer (same as no forcing) and acer-aspire, I was
>> able to play 2-channel PCM sounds OK only with the extra verb either
>> way.  I got more controls in alsamixer with just "acer" (like low
>> frequency channel), but they didn't seem to do anything useful.
>>
>>> I found that one initialization is missing for auto-configuration mode
>>> of ALC889.  Please try the patch below and remove model=xxx option.
>> OK I will test this patch later today with no model forcing.
>
> Did you get any positive/negative result?

Sorry Takashi, I did try both patches but neither seemed to work.  I
didn't get any time since then to confirm it wasn't something dumb on my
side.  After failing to see anything from the recompile / re-install and
modprobing snd-hda-intel out and back in, running hda-verb as described
did continue to bring the audio right up.

I should check that the mixer VID/PID actually is ...889 on this machine.

-Andy