[alsa-devel] [Fwd: Re: Davinci ASoC support (patch)]

lokowich lokowich at acdstar.com
Mon Mar 31 22:30:46 CEST 2008

Vova Barinov wrote:
> Mark Brown wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 09:27:04AM -0500, lokowich wrote:
>>

>>> Forwarded from davinci-linux-open-source list:
>>>

>> CCing in Vladimir Barinov who contributed the DaVinci support.
>>

>>> I've built this ASoC patch into my DaVinci git kernel (thanks for the
>>> SENSORS tip), and can use aplay and speaker-test, but no sound.  Figured
>>> it may be a mixer/volume control issue, but the alsamixer is unable to
>>> open for a failed ioctl on USBDEVFS_IOCTL.  Not sure why there is a USB
>>> dependency.  Noted that there is no /sys/class/sound/mixer in my sysfs.
>>> Any ideas?
>>>

> How do you figure out that you can play sound?
> Also what platform do you use - is it Davinci-EVM? what line output do
> you use to hear the sound?
> Please, post your dmesg log and cat /proc/interrupts too.

    Excerpt from dmesg:
    Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.16.
    ASoC version 0.13.2
    AIC3X Audio Codec 0.1
    asoc: aic3x <-> davinci-i2s mapping ok
    ALSA device list:
      #0: DaVinci EVM (aic3x)

    /proc/interrupts:
               CPU0
      6:          0       AINTC  dm644xresizer
      8:      23608       AINTC  davincifb
     13:       6995       AINTC  EMAC
     22:        107       AINTC  ide0
     32:      39436       AINTC  clockevent
     33:          3       AINTC  free-run counter
     39:        217       AINTC  i2c_davinci
     40:        204       AINTC  serial
    Err:          0

    This is the DM6446 EVM.  Note, my kernel has been patched with
    latest ALSA, to no avail.  I hear the  DAC pop during initialization
    on both the Line Out and Headphone jacks.