[alsa-devel] no front speaker sound with ALC262

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Tue Mar 4 14:54:58 CET 2008

At Tue, 4 Mar 2008 14:37:39 +0100,
Rene Dohmen wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I tried it with the NID's i think are connected to headphone and speaker but so
> far no luck.

The coef verbs are only for the realtek vendor-specific widget, not
for other pins.

> I'll have more time next friday but i was just wondering:
> Is there a way to be 100% sure that this model is a new, not supported model
> yet?

No.  You'd better to ask the hardware vendor than me.  If the HG
version still doesn't work, it's not supported by ALSA driver yet.
That's all what I can tell.

> Can you explain what numbers i can use instead of the 0x3060?

Ask Realtek.  It's their black magic :)

> I am trying to get the datasheets of the soundsystem used, i think some custom
> board is used tot wire up the soundcard tot the internal speakers.

That's uncommon.  It's possible that BIOS or ACPI setup influences on
the behavior, but it's a rare case as well.

Takashi