[alsa-devel] [Fwd: [Alsa-user] Intel Poulsbo(SCH) chipset does not recognize Adi 1986 codec under linux]]

Kan-I Jyo cecilhsujp at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 15:20:17 CEST 2008

Dear Takashi,

Thank you for your kind help all the time.

2008/6/25 Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de>:
> The hardware sets the corresponding bits to this register when the
> codec is found on the slot.  So, this seems really like a hardware
> problem.

For all my try these days have all led to a non-working audio device,
I can not help thinking the high possibility of a hardware problem.
Just want to make sure that I have made good efforts before blaming on
hardware side.

> Or, if it's a timing issue, you can try to add some delays in
> azx_reset()...

Considering this kind of issue, I have increased the "msleep" in
azx_reset() from 1 to 1000.
With no luck, stiil there the "no codecs found" message.

Moreover, I have changed the "msleep" to "ssleep" with a even larger
value. As you may have expected, no recognization of the ADi 1986A
codec at all.

Though there might be no much left for trying, I just want to make
sure that I did not miss any import part.
And I would like say thank you as well for your timely advetise.

--
Sincerely,

Jyo