[alsa-devel] Problem with aloop

Ahmet İnan ainan at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Jun 2 10:08:42 CEST 2008

> > > synchronization issue at the beginning
> > this is still not resolved and its a pain in the ass to get this done
> The funny thing is, after I reverted to the 10.0.16 release tarball these
> stuttering problems went away. So the fixes that were committed in
> february/march under the 'fixes realtime behaviour' label actually made
> things much worse..
without SND_CARD_LOOPBACK_START_SYNC, its still the same. you should really
get a tickless kernel first. otherwise its just pure luck and frustration.

> > try to find the right place and resubmit. :)
> (in my own spare time). Can you give me any pointers perhaps? They would be
usually snd_card_loopback_playback_trigger gets called with
SNDRV_PCM_TRIGGER_STOP whenever the device is about to be closed.
so the next function would be snd_card_loopback_close. try
snd_card_loopback_timer_stop there and report :D

ahmet

--
admin der abteilung für angewandte mathematik, tel. 0761-203-5626