[alsa-devel] alsa 1.0.18 does not work for Intel onboard cards

Paulo Cavalcanti promac at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 16:52:24 CET 2008

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Paulo Cavalcanti <promac at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> alsa driver 1.0.18 has been a nightmare for me.
>
> I had a perfectly working sound for my Intel D975XBX2 when using
> alsa driver 1.017. Going to 1.0.18 just muted my front sound.
> Well, maybe not everybody needs a front sound output, but I just
> stick with the 1.01.17 driver.

Then, I tried an Intel DG45ID mobo, which does not have
any sound at all, with the later alsa driver 1.0.18a (detected as a Generic
DG45).

Going back to alsa driver 1.0.17, from the stock Fedora 10 kernel
(my card is then detected as an IDT 92HD73E1X5),
I have an analogic sound working, but Master, Headphones, and PCM
channels have to be above 90%, for anyone being able to hear anything.
Therefore, the volume is compressed in the upper 10% of the scale.

Furthermore, I have no mic, and no input working (I would like to feed the
output
of my capture card to the input source of the sound card) .
It seems to me that the input (blue jack)  is configured as output,
in the 1.0.17 alsa driver.

I do not know what else I can try, maybe some alsa snapshot,
to fix some of these issues.

Thanks.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti