[alsa-devel] How to control the route in smartphone

Leijin Tang Leijin.Tang at access-company.com
Tue Sep 4 09:00:23 CEST 2007

Hi all,
	When the audio codec is used in the smartphone, we get the problem how to define and control the route in the alsa driver. The scenario is only in the phone device. The application need switch the routes based on the different scene.
Example: the coedec is wm9713L.
the in port: LINEL,LINER,MONOIN,MIC1,MIC2, ac97_in
the out port: HEADSET, SPEAKER, RECEIVER, ac97_out
When the phone is coming, we need chose the route LINE to receiver. After the phone and we playing the mp3, We should switch the route ac97_in to speaker on.
This scenario doesn’t appear in the PC. So how to carry out the function in the alsa architecture is so difficulty. The router names how to define, the alsa-lib how to do the control. By now, there has no design to the phone device in the alsa.
Does anybody have some ideas? We can do some discussion and resolve the issue.