[alsa-devel] [ALSA] ALSA Power Management, Drivers behaving unexpectedly after suspend/resume cycle

Nobin Mathew nobin.mathew at gmail.com
Mon May 28 11:16:59 CEST 2007

I did some more investigation into this issue.

There are two cases, in the first case it is working after resume()
and in the second case it is not working after resume

1st Case:

1) boot the system
2)Load sound modules
2)mixer setting (alsactl restore 0)
3)Do power managemnt (sleep) suspend()
4)Come out of suspend, resume()
5)
sound is coming out in this case

2nd Case:
1)boot the system
2)load sound modules
3)mixer settings (alsactl restore 0)
4)Do playback aplay -M /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Side_Right.wav
5) Let aplay to completion and kill all alsa apps if any running.
6)Do power managemnt (sleep) suspend()
7)Come out of suspend, resume()
8)Do playback aplay -M /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Side_Right.wav

in this case no sound is coming out and i am getting underrun error.

I am attaching some logs, these are the ac97 codec register values at
various stages.

Mainly look at the register 3c.