[alsa-devel] SALSA-Lib: Playback overrun on initial PCM start

J. Scott Merritt alsauser at pragmasoft.com
Fri Jun 29 19:16:12 CEST 2007

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 18:07:20 +0200
Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> wrote:

> OK, looks like a bug in salsa-lib, then.
> I fixed some remaining bugs and release 0.0.4 now.  Please give it a
> try.  (Note that it might take some time until the ftp server is
> exported / mirrored.)

Much better :)

I no longer get the PlayBack overrun on PCM start.  However, it appears
that "poll" or the snd_pcm_sw_params_set_avail_min (=4096) is not being
properly honored.  With the normal alsa-lib, when the "poll" returns
snd_pcm_avail_update reports that space is available for 4096 frames.
However, in my initial testing, when running with SALSA lib, only about
100 frames or so are available when the poll returns.

I will examine this more closely.