[alsa-devel] Fwd: Problems with hda_intel, Santa Rosa, and suspend

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Thu Jun 21 12:29:38 CEST 2007

At Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:18:46 -0500,
Matt Mullins wrote:

> That doesn't seem to change anything.  Maybe I should have been more
> clear: I get the azx_get_response timeouts whenever the driver
> initializes; DMA never works for that codec.

Well, It has nothing to do with DMA...

>  single_cmd mode just
> happens to work before a suspend, but not after.  In other words,
> reloading the module doesn't really fix the problem, it just masks it
> decently enough.

So, do you mean that single_cmd _always_ appears even before the
suspend?  Then it's not the problem of suspend-to-RAM but rather it's
a pure luck that you can use that device.  The single_cmd is a last
but horrible resort for the systems that can't communicate with codec
chips properly.

>   I'll work a little bit trying to figure out which
> commands cause the timeouts.  And what *is* S2D?

suspend-to-disk.