[alsa-devel] SALSA-Lib version 0.0.1 release

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Jun 4 16:28:30 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I created a small replacement of ALSA-library, mainly for embedded
systems with limited resources.  The library is named as "SALSA-Lib"
(too easy, eh?)

It has no plugin layer but only hw layer, thus no sexy features like
dmix and format conversions are available.  It supports no shiny and
complex configuration files.  And it supports no sequencer.  The only
goal of this library is the reduction of the size of library and
running binaries by inlining functions with direct syscalls.

The library is designed to be source-level API compatible with the
normal alsa-lib 1.0.14.  Note that it is _not_ designed to be
binary-compatible at all, and it will be never so.

The first released version 0.0.1 is available at:

	ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/tiwai/salsa-lib/salsa-lib-0.0.1.tar.bz2

The package is released under LGPL as well as the original alsa-lib.

I've tested it only on i386, and tests on other architectures would be
greatly appreciated.

(And, no, I didn't make it on HG tree yet.)