[alsa-devel] Noise at end of audio file

Lopez Cruz, Misael x0052729 at ti.com
Mon Aug 27 20:36:58 CEST 2007

I thought that the noise could be a sync issue at the end of file, but
after getting the time between two succesive 'period' data sendings and
comparing it with the 'period time' given by aplay (verbose option), the
differences is of only ~10 us, I mean the values in all others periods
processed are in the same range, nothing special with the periods that
are giving noise.

However if the audio length is less than one buffer, no noise is listen
at all. The problem seems to be with files that don't fit in a single
buffer.

Misael